20 Top Questions To Ask a Boudoir Photographer (List)
20 Questions To Ask a Boudoir Photographer
My name is Alexandra I am an expert boudoir photographer and I know all the secret questions to ask your boudoir photographer!
I pioneered boudoir photography for women back in 2002 and my boudoir photographers here at FYEO have now photographed over 20,000 women!!
I trained 20 female photographers to do the most amazing studio work and collectively we’ve photographed women of all ages, shapes and sizes.
Back when I started in 2002 there were no other boudoir photographers to compare to, or get inspiration from. So I was starting from scratch. The only photographers shooting naked women were glamour photographers. In the world of professional glamour photography the photographers were mostly male and their view of women was somewhat old fashioned, which I can’t stand!!
- self discovery
- a safe private studio with no interruptions or violation of privacy.
Essential questions for a boudoir photographer
Find out what to ask!
THE TOP TWENTY QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE BOOKING YOUR BOUDOIR SESSION (LIST)
- Are you the person who will be photographing me? (Make sure to find this out and If possible speak with your photographer on the phone before the shoot. It will help you to relax before your shoot and on the day.)
- How many boudoir sessions have you shot? (Ideally you want someone who knows what they’re doing - the main thing here is their experience in directing.)
- How long have you been a boudoir photographer? (It doesn’t matter how long they’ve been shooting boudoir, but this should be reflected in their price, the less experienced should be cheaper.)
- Is boudoir photography all you do? / Do you specialise in boudoir sessions? (A lot of photographers have started to add on boudoir photography to their 'general photography' portfolio, i.e. they also shoot families, business head shots, pets etc — which is a sign they’re not an expert in boudoir photoshoots. You deserve an expert, not a jack of all trades.)
- Can you describe your boudoir studio experience from start to finish? (This is important so that you can visualise what’s going to happen. It’s also important because it may highlight areas that affect your comfort during the shoot, especially if you’re nervous.)
- Who is in the room when I’m being photographed? (In my experience it’s best when you are alone with a female photographer. A friend or chaperone can make you focus your attention on them, which will affect your studio experience and the resulting photos.)
- Why do women choose you over other photographers, what is your unique selling point? (For example, my unique selling point extends past my artistic photographic style — it’s also the trusted confidence boosting studio experience I offer women, (as seen on BBC), my skin smoothing flattering studio lighting, my vast knowledge of directing women into flattering studio poses, and the guaranteed all female private and confidential service. In short, my USP is the empowering photographic experience, and my reputation as leading boudoir photographer in the UK, and my trusted confidential service.)
- Will you direct me into all the poses?
- What should I bring to wear?
- Where is your studio located, is it private?
- Can I see your price list?
- Do you sell the digital images?
- Is airbrushing included in the price?
- What happened to my photographs after my shoot?
- Who airbrushes my pictures?
- Do you use a large lab to print my pictures or are you printing them yourself?
- Can I bring a friend?
- Do you use my pictures on your Instagram Facebook or on your Website?
- Who owns the copyright to my pictures after the shoot?
- Which category describes your style of boudoir photography best? — 1./ artistic 2./ glamour 3./ pornographic 4./ sexy 5./ tasteful nude 6./ modern lingerie. 7./ classy
Phone Boudoir Photographer Alexandra
Inside the UK: 01494 881 881
Outside the UK: 0044 1494 881 881
“Hello! I’m here to help you with any questions you may have about my amazing body-sculpting, skin smoothing boudoir photo shoot experience. Please fill out the form opposite and I will respond when I am at my desk. Talk to you soon…”